Should I move to Florida? Is Florida a good place to live? Have you recently asked yourself these kinds of questions? If this is the case, you are not alone. Every day, hundreds of visitors come to the Sunshine State’s sandy beaches, and it’s easy to understand why. It is a very interesting area to live in since it has an abundance of bright weather, a diversified population, wonderful food, and thrilling attractions. Furthermore, while Florida residents are still required to pay federal income taxes, there are no state income taxes to worry about. Here are 15 advantages of moving to Florida.
- The rest of the year is bright and pleasant.
- Florida has no state income tax.
- The beaches in Florida are beautiful.
- There is a lot of cultural diversity.
- Locals get discounts on a variety of attractions.
- Florida offers a relaxed way of life.
- Housing is reasonably priced.
- There’s so much to do outside (and indoors!)
- Living in Florida will not cost you a fortune.
- The sports culture is strong.
- The meal and drinks are delicious.
- You may go on vacation right where you live.
- It is simple to find work.
- Florida is an excellent spot to retire.
Florida is the third-most populated state in the United States, with more people moving here in 2020 than in any other. So, if you’re going to be one of the thousands of individuals that relocate to Florida EVERY DAY, keep reading.
Learn about the benefits and drawbacks of living in Florida.
Whatever location you choose in Florida, there are some advantages and disadvantages that apply to the majority of the state’s residents. Consider how these factors might affect your daily life now and in the next five years. For example, can you handle the heat? Though such details may appear little, they have a greater impact on quality of life than you may believe.
Florida’s Advantages of Living
First, let’s discuss why you should move to Florida. Here are some advantages that Florida has. Are they useful in differentiating Florida from other states?
- The absence of a state income tax is a significant benefit.
- Housing prices are cheaper than in many other sections of the country.
- Enjoy world-class beaches and outdoor activities.
- There is no snow, and it is warm all year.
- Residents of Florida are subject to discounts at famous local attractions.
- There are various retirement and snowbird communities.
The Disadvantages of Living in Florida
So, why do so many individuals have great hopes for Florida but then leave a few years later? Perhaps it was one of these cons that they could no longer stand. Can you deal with the following?
- Winds, as well as excessive heat and humidity, have an effect.
- The state is quite flat, with no mountains or valleys.
- There are more visitors and part-time inhabitants in this state than in other states.
- You’ll have to pay more for insurance than those in other sections of the country.
- In Florida, the bugs are bigger, and there are a lot of snakes and alligators.
10 Tips to move with family in Florida
People moving from other states go to Florida in large numbers. If you’re one of them, the following 10 moving suggestions will help make your transition to the Sunshine State as easy as possible
- Inform your landlord
If you are renting, inform your landlord in writing of your intention to move. In most cases, you must provide 30 days’ notice.
- Reduce your burden.
Now is the ideal moment to get rid of items you no longer desire or need. Determine if it is worthwhile to move large objects such as beds. It’s usually simpler to buy a new mattress once you’ve moved into your new home.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records
Contact your doctor as well as those that your family members visit. You should ask for a copy of your family’s medical records to bring to your new doctor.
- Change your mailing address
Make careful to notify firms with whom you do business of your new address. In addition, you can have your mail forwarded by completing a form on the US Postal Service’s website.
- Be available for the movers.
If you hire a moving company, you must be there when your goods are placed into the truck to ensure that everything is in order.
- Disconnected your electricity
Notify your suppliers of your upcoming move and set a cut-off date
- Get ready for the weather
You’ll enjoy Florida’s weather, especially if you’re moving from a cold-weather area. It’s time to end your heavy coats and layers in favor of tank tops and tennis shoes. Just remember to pack lots of sunblocks.
- Think about your clothes.
Dressing in Florida is often casual. If you have a lot of formal, long-sleeved, button-up shirts, you might wish to give them all and switch to a more casual wardrobe.
- Manage your documents
You’ll need to register your automobile in Florida within 10 days. You will have 30 days to obtain a driver’s license in Florida. More information about the process for new residents can be found on the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles website.
- Get to know your new neighborhood.
From museums to beaches to athletic events, Florida has a lot to offer new residents. Get some inspiration from your local newspaper, and don’t be afraid to explore your new surroundings.
Best moving companies;
- Local Moving Company – Melbourne and Palm Bay, FL Movers:
If you need expert movers to transfer a single item or a full business or house, we can help. We serve Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the whole county of Brevard. Give us a call if your moving originates or is transported from or to Brevard or the nearby regions!
We can manage the entire moving procedure. From packing and crating your most important belongings to unloading and setting up your house or company. We do it all, from full-service packing to moving assistance and moving labor for truck rentals and portable containers.
Simply call us or obtain a moving price directly from our website.
- Aragon Movers
Putting Your Trust in Your Professional Moving Service We understand. Nobody likes strangers coming in, touching their things, and managing them in whatever way they believe is best. This is why we spend time getting to know you and your moving needs to present you with the most accurate and affordable price options imaginable. Aragon Movers treats you and your belongings as if they were our own. We will not accept dents and small bumps. We make certain that everything transported is in its original condition.
- Florida Boys Moving & Storage
Our movers have received major training and experience in packing a wide range of precious home objects. All boxes, wardrobes, tape, and packing supplies are provided by us. All books, clothes, electronics, glasses, mirrors, and photos, among other items, will be packed in appropriately sized boxes. To safeguard your things, we utilize packing paper and bubble wrap. Everything in your house is safely packed and packed for your transfer with extreme care.
Conclusion; Are you moving to Florida?
Do you wish to make Florida your permanent residence? Check out Moving.com’s City Profile Report section for additional information on cities in Florida. Our studies cover city demographics, real estate data, and quality of life indicators, among other things. Simply input your zip code or the state and city of your prospective move to receive a free report with the touch of a button. Moving.com’s broad network of professional and trusted interstate movers can assist you in discovering and scheduling the finest moving company. Best wishes and good relocation!